Pancake Day has crêped up on us all again. Lemon, sugar, strawberries, honey… Sure, the classic toppings taste good, but at Vivo we’re all about getting fun and creative with our pancakes!
Gingerbread is the perfect twist on a pancake. The smell of gingerbread in the kitchen on a cold morning is super nostalgic, not to mention the familiar, comforting taste of it! These heavenly crêpes are sweet, spicy and ultra warming all at the same time, thanks to our Limited Edition Gingerbread Perform, which we’ve used to recreate that unmistakable flavor.
Have a go at whipping up a batch of these delicious crêpes up this Pancake Day! They’re really easy to make with only a few ingredients, and can be topped with whatever you like. A stack of these on the table is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- 1 cup oats (blended into flour)
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ scoop Gingerbread Perform
- 1 cup plant-based yogurt
- 1 tbsp Strawberry & Vanilla Perform
- Mix plant milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently whisk until smooth. Let stand for 5-10 mins.
- Pour a thin layer of batter onto the pan (lightly grease pan if you’re not using non-stick), tilting the pan so the batter spreads. Cook on medium heat until the edges get crispy.
- Flip and cook the other side for 30-60 seconds (or until brown enough). Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Fill and roll/fold the crêpes as desired
Thanks to our wonderful ambassador @thelouloulife for this recipe!