These plant powered treats are packed with some seriously nourishing whole foods; including buckwheat, cacao, cinnamon and flaxseed!
They’re also totally oil free and pack a solid 12g of protein into each muffin. Here’s how to make them!
These chocolate chunk protein muffins are made with our 25g protein and 6g BCAA per serving protein powder PERFORM into the mix. PERFORM protein powder is enhanced with energy boosting superfoods and plant-based BCAA's which is perfect for a post-workout snack or late night dessert!
Learn more about our protein powder by watching this video!
CHOCOLATE CHUNK PROTEIN MUFFINS
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 scoops Madagascan Vanilla PERFORM
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 2 flax eggs (2tbsp ground flax mixed with 6tbsp water)
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 1/2 cups plant milk
- Dark chocolate chunks
1. In a large mixing bowl mix together the buckwheat flour, protein, cacao, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a separate bowl combine the flax eggs, mashed bananas and plant milk and whisk together until smooth.
2. Transfer the wet ingredients to the large mixing bowl and mix everything together until you have a smooth batter. Spoon the mixture into a muffin tray, filling each 3/4 of the way up to allow room for the mixture to rise as it cooks!
3. Place a chocolate chunk onto the top of each muffin mixture and then bake in the oven at 180C for 30 minutes. Once cooked, leave to cool for at least 10 minutes and then enjoy!