If you're not adding PERFORM to your porridge, then you're missing a trick! Just half a scoop is enough to seriously ramp up the protein content, pimp the flavour, and fuel you up for the day ahead.
To make this combination even better, have you tried blending your porridge ingredients together? It might sound strange, but done correctly it will give your oats an awesomely smooth, creamy texture. Take these vegan Whipped Salted Caramel Chocolate Oats for instance. Once you've tried them, you'll never want to go back to 'regular' porridge again!
Here's how to make them for yourself...
Whipped Salted Caramel Chocolate Oats
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup oat / almond / hemp milk
- 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 scoop PERFORM Salted Maca Caramel
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Optional sweetener: 1tsp maple / date syrup
- 1 handful fresh / frozen berries
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
1) Pour the oats into a bowl and add the boiling water. Stir for 30 seconds until the water is absorbed, and then add your non dairy milk.
2) Transfer the mixture to the blender and add all other ingredients, except toppings.
3) Blend on high for 30 - 60 seconds until smooth.
4) Transfer the mixture to a pan and cook on a medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes, until it reaches your desired consistency.
5) Add your toppings and enjoy!
This amazing recipe was made my Rachael Evans and if you love this, why not try our Gingerbread Maca Granola recipe, which contains Vivo Life MACA and is super tasty.