Sometimes I want plain pancakes. The boring kind. The ones that only require a drizzle of maple syrup and you're good to go. Then other times, I find some chocolate chips and before I know it I've a frying pan in each hand, flour in my hair and I'm flipping pancakes like a pro.
The result? A wholesome, delicious, fluffy vegan pancake stack with warm pockets of melted chocolate. If you do anything this weekend, make these!
THICK AND FLUFFY CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN PANCAKES
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 scoop Salted Maca Caramel PERFORM
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp organic maca powder
- 1/2 cup plain soya or coconut yoghurt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
1) Sift the flours, PERFORM, baking powder and maca into a small bowl.
2) In a separate bowl mix the yogurt, almond milk and vanilla until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk thoroughly. (You may need to add a little more almond milk if the mixture appears to be too thick.)
3) Stir in the chocolate chips and allow the batter to sit for about five minutes. Grease a non-stick pan with a small amount of coconut oil and add about ¼ cup of batter at a time.
4) Cook for about three minutes before flipping, and then a further one to two minutes on the other side. Repeat until all the batter has been used up.
5) Serve warm with all of your favourite toppings!
Want more tasty recipes? Why not check out this incredible Creamy Maca oatmeal with Caramelised banana's recipe for a healthy take on high protein oats!