When transitioning to a whole foods focused, plant based diet, there are some things that are more difficult to give up than others.
Perhaps the most difficult of them all is Tiramisu.
The good news is, your tiramisu eating days shouldn’t just be a distant memory. And with just a few common household ingredients, you can make this healthy alternative – that tastes even more delicious than the real thing!
When Amelia Littlejohn of the popular health and wellness blog Nourishing Amelia told us she could recreate the classic, indulgent Tiramisu recipe using nothing but healthy whole foods, we have to admit we were a little sceptical.
However, once you make these for yourself, you’ll never want to go back to the ‘traditional’ recipe again!
We hope you love them as much as we do…
Recipe: Raw Vegan Tiramisu
Makes 4 individual tirmaisus or 1 large one
Extra raw cacao powder to dust on top
1) Soak your cashews for the chocolate coffee cream and the vanilla cashew mascarpone overnight. Drain once they are soaked.
2) In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the base. Spoon the mixture into small bowls, ramekins or glass cups, press the mixture down firmly and transfer to the freezer for 1 hour to set.
3) Add all the ingredients for the chocolate coffee cream to a food processor or high speed blender, and combine until everything is smooth and creamy.
4) Take the cups out of the freezer and add the chocolate coffee cream to the now set base. Return back to the freezer for 30 minutes.
5) To make the vanilla cashew mascarpone add all the ingredients to your food processor and blend until you get a smooth, creamy mixture with no lumps.
6) Remove the cups from the freezer and spoon the mascarpone mixture on top of the chocolate coffee cream. Return to the freezer for a final 30 minutes to set a little more.
7) Dust with raw cacao powder and a few coffee beans (optional) to decorate.
8) Serve and enjoy!