Combining the earthy notes of matcha with the fruity and refreshing taste of mango, this raw cheesecake is the perfect dessert to get you in the mood for Summer!
Vivo Life's organic A grade matcha powder is famous for it's ability to boost brain power. Matcha has been used for thousands of years by Buddhist monks to achieve a zan state before meditation. Matcha is great for sustaining lasting energy throughout the day which is why we have added it to our amazing vegan cheesecake recipe.
There's no baking required and just a few simple ingredients, so give this a try to enjoy all the health benefits of matcha with an indulgent twist!
RAW MATCHA AND MANGO CHEESECAKE
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup cashew nuts (soaked for 8 hours or overnight)
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 small mango
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic matcha powder
- Fresh fruit
- Raw chocolate (both optional)
Note that this recipe makes one mini cheesecake to serve 2 people (or 1 very hungry person!). If you want to make it larger, you can simply double the portions of each ingredient and set it in a 6 inch cake tin.
1) Pop the almonds and oats into your food processor and pulse these together for a few seconds until slightly broken down. Add in the coconut cream and maple syrup, and blend again until well combined. Pour the mixture into your cake mould (this makes a mini 3” cake) and flatten to create a smooth base. Transfer this to the freezer whilst you make your filling.
2) For the filling, drain and rinse your cashews and pop them into your food processor or high speed blender with the rest of the filling ingredients. Blend well until completely smooth and creamy.
3) Pour your filling over the base, and leave to set in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours, ideally overnight.
4) Remove from the freezer and decorate with melted raw chocolate and fresh fruit. Transfer to the fridge for an hour to thaw, then serve and enjoy! This can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for a couple months.
Love vegan recipes? Why not check out our dedicated RECIPES section where we post easy healthy and vegan recipes all the time!
Recipe by Charlotte Roberts