These protein bars are the perfect snack for when those 3pm sugar cravings strike and you get hit by that horrible energy slump that gets us all from time to time! Often if you’re feeling low on energy and a little tired, it can sometimes lead us to craving sweet foods and making less healthy choices. However, if you make sure to have healthy treats like these on hand, you can enjoy something sweet and delicious, as well as getting in a great selection of nutrients at the same time!
Seeing as Autumn is now underway, what better flavour combination is there really than maple and pecan? The amazing flavours of the sweet maple syrup, cinnamon and pecan nuts are a match made in heaven and make the perfect pairing for one of my other favourite things.. chocolate!
The new and improved Raw Cacao Perform Protein has a really tasty, subtle chocolate flavour, that gives just the right amount of chocolatey hint to these bars, as well as upping the protein content.
These are also a great thing to take with you for a post workout snack and prepping your own bars can also work out a little more cost effective too!
Here's how to make them for yourself!
Chocolate, Maple & Pecan Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 scoops Raw Cacao PERFORM Protein
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 bar of raw chocolate
1) Add both nuts into your food processor and blitz to make them crumbly. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until everything is well combined and sticks together easily.
2) Take some of the mixture into your hands and mould into a bar shape. Repeat this until all the mixture has been used up.
3) Finish off the bars by drizzling over some melted raw chocolate and adding a pecan nut.
4) Transfer to the fridge for 2 hours to set, then enjoy!
Love a high protein bar recipe? Why not have a look at our other delicious high protein bar recipes like this outstanding Raspberry and Vanilla Protein Bars recipe that is made with our Vivo Life PERFORM Protein Powder and Gelatinised Maca!
Recipe by Charlotte Roberts