Pancakes should NOT be reserved just for special occasions.
Made with the right ingredients, they can be an awesome breakfast option - nutritious, filling, and most importantly, delicious.
The below recipe from the amazing Elisa Brunke (@elisa.brunke) ticks all the boxes and makes for an amazing start to the day.
It features our Madascgan Vanilla PERFORM protein powder, adding an extra 25 grams of plant-based protein (plus 6gs of BCAAs, digestive enzymes, and more)!
The recipe below is for 2 servings, but we won't blame you if you save it all for yourself.
1 ripe banana (about 125 g)
150 ml unsweetened almond milk
30 g maple syrup
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
70 g buckwheat flour
30 g brown rice flour
30 g Vivo Life PERFORM Madagascan Vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1-2 tsp coconut oil
100 g mixed berries, mashed
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp agave syrup
2 tsp chia seeds
1/2 banana cut into slices
4 tsp smooth peanut butter
1. Grab a fork and mash berries into a small bowl. Combine with lemon juice, chia seeds, and agave syrup. Place in fridge while cooking the pancakes!
2. In a bowl, combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Let it rest for 2 minutes. Mash the banana with a fork and mix in with the almond milk. Add the maple syrup and mix further.
3. Add your dry ingredients and quickly combine until you have a soft dough.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan. Add 1-2 tbsp of dough per pancake and bake for 3-4 minutes. Flip over, and bake for a further 3-4 minutes.
5. Keep them in the oven until ready to serve.
6. Add your chia jam, banana coins, peanut butter, and enjoy!
For more amazing recipes, make sure to check out @elisa.brunke