Makes 1 serving | 15 minutes
If you've been following our recipes, you'll know that the old stereotype of vegans only eating salad is simply not true: muffins, burgers, pizza. You can have it all.
Of course, we're all human, and that means we can sometimes get a bit carried away with the vegan treats sometimes. After a few weeks of vegan junk, we need something light and nutrient-packed to get us going.
This Kale, Quinoa & Cranberry salad is perfect for this! You get plenty of protein from the quinoa, greens from the kale, and healthy fats from the walnuts. It's pretty low in calories too, so it's perfect if you're on a cut. If you're looking to bulk up, simply have it as a side-salad for a more calorie dense meal!
This recipe features our Gelatinised Maca Powder, paired with English Mustard to create a beautiful Vinaigrette.
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 2 tbsp cranberries
- 6 walnuts
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp Vivo Life Gelatinised Maca Powder
- ½ tsp English Mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare the quinoa according to the package instructions.
- Add the kale to a pan and sauté over medium heat, for around 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa and kale with the dried cranberries and walnuts.
- To make the dressing, simply add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the dressing to the salad and enjoy!