This delicious coconut and blueberry banana bread is made with our banana and cinnamon high protein powder PERFORM, making it the perfect answer to those post workout snack cravings!
Give it a try yourself with this easy recipe:
HIGH PROTEIN COCONUT AND BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAD
- 4 ripe bananas
- 50g melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 scoops Banana & Cinnamon PERFORM
- 120g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 large handful of fresh blueberries
- 5 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Almond milk
1. Preheat your oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with parchment paper
2. In a mixing bowl mash the bananas, then beat in the coconut oil and vanilla extract. In a seperate bowl combine the protein powder, buckwheat flour, baking powder and salt, then stir into the main mixing bowl.
3. Fold in the fresh blueberries and coconut until everything is well mixed. Transfer the mixture to the loaf tin and smooth over the surface. Put the loaf into the oven for around 30 minutes, until cooked through and golden on top.
4. Whilst the loaf is baking make your frosting by whisking together the peanut butter and maple syrup. Add a splash of almond milk to thin to your desired consistency.
5. Once the loaf has cooked and cooled, spread the frosting on top and finish with some more fresh blueberries. Serve and enjoy!
This delicious coconut blueberry banana bread recipe was made by Charlotte Roberts!
Want more from where that came from? Check out our delicious high protein Vegan Chocolate Waffles!