These chocolate covered walnut caramel bars are packed with flavour and nutritional benefits!
Plus they are super easy to make.
This easy chocolate walnut caramel bars recipe contains two superfood ingredients:
- Walnuts which are widely considered to be the world's healthiest nut due to their high levels of antioxidants. Walnuts are also great for promoting a healthy gut and decreasing inflammation.
- Also Cacao, which contains high levels of iron and magnesium, along with the compound theobromine which acts as a natural mood boost.
This delicously easy recipe also contains our Salted Maca Caramel protein powder which is an easily digestible vegan plant protein which includes great nutrients inside such as gelatinised maca, turmeric and ginger.
We have added in our 25g protein and 6g BCAA per serving PERFORM protein powder which is enhanced with energy boosting superfoods and plant-based BCAA's which is perfect for a post-workout snack or late night dessert!
Learn more about our protein powder by watching this video!
CHOCOLATE WALNUT CARAMEL BARS
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 scoop salted maca caramel protein
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 150g dark chocolate
1. Combine all your ingredients in a large mixing bowl, then transfer and press down into a pan.
2. Pour over the melted dark chocolate and leave to set in the fridge overnight!
MACROS (per bar) 220 cals 10g P 34 C 21.5 F. Recipe makes 8 bars.
Do you love a tasty protein packed treat? Check out other deliciously easy recipes such as our Raspberry and Vanilla Protein Bars recipe!
Recipe by Charlotte Roberts.