VEGAN MAC N’ CHEESE
Serves 2 | Contains Heart Healthy Fats | Indulgent & Delicious
INGREDIENTS150g cashew nuts
200ml plant milk
1 clove crushed garlic
Sea salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp nutritional yeast
Juice half a lemon
½ clove garlic
250g buckwheat spirals
1. The morning before you make this recipe, soak your cashew nuts in water a minimum 6 – 8 hours before cooking.
2. Drain your cashew nuts and add to a blender with the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, plant milk, garlic and spices. Blend well until a smooth sauce forms. You may wish to add an extra splash of water to reach your desired consistency.
3. Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and transfer to a baking tray. At this point you may wish to add vegetables of your choice such as cherry tomatoes, chopped red pepper or broccoli florets.
4. Add your sauce to the pasta and mix well. Transfer to an oven heated to 180C and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown on top.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Calorie (kcal): 917.5 | Carb (grams): 114.4 | Fat (grams): 35.2 | Protein (grams): 34.8