SCRAMBLED TOFU ON TOAST
Serves 1 | High Protein | High Calcium
½ block firm tofu (about 120 grams)
½ red onion
1 clove garlic
Handful cherry tomatoes
Handful baby spinach
½ bell pepper
½ tsp turmeric
Tbsp nutritional Yeast
Pinch of salt and pepper
Pinch of mixed herbs
Fresh coriander to garnish
Toast to serve
1. Add a splash of water to a non stick pan and heat to medium. Finely dice the onion and add this into the pan. Once the onion has started to become trans-lucent, crush in the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
2. Pat the tofu dry with some kitchen towel and crumble into pieces.
3. Chop the pepper into small pieces and slice the tomatoes in half. Add all of the veggies (apart from the spinach) into the pan and cook until softened.
4. Now, add the tofu into the pan and season with the turmeric, herbs and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper.
5. Cook until the tofu is nice and crisp, then stir through the spinach and allow to wilt. Adjust any seasonings to taste, then serve with some toast.
Calorie (kcal): 325.7 | Carb (grams): 40.5 | Fat (grams): 8.2 | Protein (grams): 26.6