Once upon a time, protein powder was reserved for huge bodybuilders and the fitness-devout.
The most impressive thing about these specimens wasn’t their physique - but their ability to consume the most disgusting things in the pursuit of gains!
Protein powders were chugged back like medicine in as little time as possible. Thankfully, this is no longer the case. Our protein powders are delicious, and are something you’ll actually look forward to after a workout!
With 25 grams of protein and 6 grams of BCAA per serving, our PERFORM protein powder is the ultimate post-workout supplement - but it can be used for way more than a simple protein shake.
It’s available in 6 different flavours: Salted Caramel Maca, Raw Cacao, Strawberry and Vanilla, Acai and Blueberry, Madagascan Vanilla, and Banana and Cinnamon!
To give you an idea of how best to use your PERFORM, we’ve compiled 8 recipes to give you some ideas.
I’ve made sure that all of these recipes are super easy to make (even I can do it... says it all) and really healthy for you.
1. Salted Caramel Maca Frap
On some mornings, a regular cup of coffee just doesn’t cut it - sometimes you need something a bit more substantial.
This recipe from one of our amazing customers makes for a brilliant way to start the day. Incorporating our Salted Caramel Maca protein powder, this is as healthy as it is tasty!
- 30g Salted Caramel Maca PERFORM
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 tsp coffee (you can use instant or even our MAGIC coffee!)
- 200ml almond milk
- Chuck it all in a blender.
- Blend it until smooth, and enjoy.
Thanks to our customer @bloomseats for this one!
2. Protein Berry Chia Jam
On a regular basis, I will try to convince myself that jam is healthy. There’s fruit in it, right? A boatload of sugar too...but ‘fruit sugar’ so it’s fine?
Sadly, no - it’s not great for you. That’s why I love this recipe so much - high-protein and healthy jam! Using our Acai flavoured PERFORM, this is perfect for a mid-morning snack!
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- Maple syrup to taste
- ½ scoop of Acai and Blueberry PERFORM
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add in the mixed berries and mash to a jam-like consistency. For more sweetness, add in some maple syrup!
- Add in the chia seeds and mix further.
- Remove from heat and add in the PERFORM powder. Stir well until everything is evenly combined.
- Let it chill/thicken before serving and then enjoy!
P.S - Keep this one refrigerated in a glass jar/air tight container and it’ll last for weeks! 👌
Thanks to @phitzee for this one!
3. High Protein Chocolate Brownies
There’s nothing better on a lazy Sunday than eating far too many vegan brownies. Of course, you usually feel terrible afterwards.
Not with this recipe! Another customer submission, these brownies are super healthy and are packed full of protein (with roughly 11 grams of protein per brownie). Guilt-free!
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 scoops of PERFORM Raw Cacao
- Chocolate chips optional (but highly recommended)
- Heat the peanut butter in the microwave until melted. Do this in 30-second intervals until fully melted (exact time will depend on the peanut butter you use!)
- Combine all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a blender. Blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Lay a baking sheet on a tray, and pour the mixture on top. Add your chocolate chips on top!
- Bake for around 20 minutes.
Thanks to our customer @vegan_nadia for this one!
4. Banana Cinnamon Protein Muffins!
Another favourite of mine, you can’t go wrong with a nice muffin.
Again, not exactly healthy most of the time though! Thankfully, it’s super easy to make muffins that are actually good for your health, and that won’t ruin your progress in the gym. Full of protein, I love having one (or three) of these muffins with a MAGIC coffee.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 scoop of Banana & Cinnamon PERFORM
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Handful of flaked almonds (optional)
⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀
- Heat your oven to 180C / 350F and line a muffin tray with paper cases.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl then stir in the maple syrup and peanut butter. Add all remaining ingredients except the almonds and mix well until smooth.⠀
- Transfer the batter into the muffin tins, leaving enough room for them to rise. Decorate the top with the flaked almonds and wait patiently for 15 minutes (the hardest part) as they cook! Allow to cool before serving.
Another @phitzee production!
5. Acai Nice Cream
Ice-cream is the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day. Sadly, having it too often is also the perfect way to rapidly pack on the pounds!
Don't worry though - you can get the nice consistency and flavour of ice-cream without any nasty ingredients!
- Half a cup almond milk or your preferred plant-based milk
- Cup of frozen banana
- Half a cup frozen açai
- Açai & Blueberry PERFORM
- Tsp lucuma
- Quinoa pops
- Hulled hemp seeds
- Pistachio pieces
- Rose petals
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blitz until you get the consistency you want (nice and thick for this one!)
- Add toppings and enjoy!
P.S - This recipe also works well with the Banana and Cinnamon PERFORM powder ;)
Thanks to our customer @crave.me.baby for this delicious recipe!
6. STRAWBERRY & PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE BOWL
This recipe is simply made for summer! It tastes just like strawberry ice cream with a generous spoonful of peanut butter mixed in. Packed full of protein and so easy to make. This makes for an amazing breakfast, particularly during the hotter months!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 scoop Strawberry & Vanilla PERFORM
- Splash of plant milk
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth and cream
- Transfer to a bowl
- Add your favourite toppings such as granola, fresh fruit, nuts and seeds.
Thanks to @thelouloulife for this creation!
7. Spiced Apple Oatmeal Cookies
I can’t get enough of this recipe - with amazing spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, there’s definitely an Autumn vibe going on here (that being said, it’s delicious at any time of the year)!
Super easy to make, these are perfect for a healthy high-protein snack to take on the go.
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato flesh (mashed)
- 1/2 scoop of PERFORM Madagascan Vanilla
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup raisins or chopped apple pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.⠀⠀⠀ ⠀
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. Shape the cookie mixture into 12 rounds and place onto the prepared sheet.⠀⠀⠀ ⠀
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and wait patiently for another 5 minutes as they cool before eating!
8. Banana and Cinnamon Oats
A bowl of oats is one of the most versatile plant-based breakfasts possible! It's easy to make, contains affordable ingredients, and gives you a boost of energy to start your day!
This recipe uses our Banana and Cinnamon PERFORM powder, and is an absolute nutritional powerhouse!
- Rolled Oats
- Ginger & Cinnamon
- Small Carrot Shaved in
- Vivolife Banana & Cinnamon PERFORM Protein Powder
- Made with 1/2 water 1/2 soy milk
- 1/2 a Banana topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Raspberry Chia Jam
- Homemade Cashew Yogurt (Cashews (soaked), Maple Syrup, Juice of 1/2 a Lemon)
- Hemp Seeds
- Crunchy PB
1. Place the base ingredients into a pot and cook until the consistency is creamy!
2. Add desired toppings and enjoy!
Thanks @plantbasedvivian for this one!